Thirteen(13) Category 4 or 5 storms recorded so far this year around the Globe
Typhoon Wipha has grown into a Category 4 hurricane, with winds clocking at upwards of 138 mph, according to the Joint Typhoon Warning Center.
According to a hurricane track on Weather Underground, it appears that the storm will strike close to Shanghai Wednesday, and near the border of North and South Korea Thursday.
Here is a list of the storms. Click the map located above for more information about each.
- Cyclone Dora: Category 4
- Cyclone Favio: Category 4
- Cyclone Indlala: Category 4
- Cyclone Gonu: Category 5
- Typhoon Yutu: Category 4
- Super Typhoon Man-Yi: Category 4
- Typhoon Usagi: Category 4
- Super Typhoon Sepat: Category 5
- Hurricane Flossie: Category 4
- Hurricane Dean: Category 5
- Hurricane Felix: Category 5
- Typhoon Nari: Category 4
- Typhoon Wipha: Category 4