Featured Story

The Mountain of Blue Fire

Nature has a way of continually surprising us and inspiring awe within us, and it seems there are just as many fantastical wonders t...

5/07/2007

Sierra Nevada Snowpack 71 Percent Below Normal

California, USA
May,2007

State water officials said the measured water content of snowpack in the Sierra Nevada Mountains was 71 percent below normal, the LOWEST IT HAS BEEN IN 20 YEARS. On Tuesday the California Department of Water Resources completed its final survey for the winter months. "This is continued bad news for the Bay Area water supply." The San Francisco Public Utilities Commission gets 85 percent of its water from the Sierra Nevada snowmelt. The remaining 15 percent of the water comes from local watersheds, which also dry up during a drought
Share this article
 
Copyright © 2016 Great Red Comet-Earth Science Chronicles • All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger
back to top